The Roasted Carrot Hummus recipe is going to change your perception of hummus forever. When we talk about hummus, often times people just assume you can only eat it plain. This is so far from the truth and the basic hummus recipe can be varied in so many ways its not funny.
Hummus is easy to make, and everybody loves it. Adding roasted carrot to your hummus can give it an unusual kick not to mention a bright, orange colour. Add Roasted Carrot Hummus immediately to your must try list of hummus recipes.
Behold the roasted carrot hummus recipe.
400 grams of carrots
½ x 400 grams tin of chickpeas
1 clove of garlic, peeled
2 tablespoons tahini
4 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon ground cumin
juice of ½ a lemon
a pinch of salt
a pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200° C
- Cut the carrots into bite size pieces at any shape. Place them in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Rinse and drain the chickpeas.
- Fine chop the garlic.
- Add all the ingredients into the food processor.
- Pulse to mix the ingredients well.
- Add salt and pepper when needed.
Your roasted carrot recipe is now good to serve. Its perfect as a dip, sandwich spread and even goes well on your favorite salad as a dressing. Enjoy your hummus!