This sweet corn hummus recipe is a real hit with the kids or for those guests who enjoy a surprise twist on a classic recipe. Adding variations to hummus recipes is a great way to still get the nutrients that hummus gives you, and adding a familiar or new taste to add to the excitement.
Sweet corn is packed with nutrients such as fibre and protein as well as being a good source of vitamin C. If you are watching your weight, this can be a very filling dip for cucumbers and carrots.
Sweet corn is particularly popular in North America and is used in many recipes both new and traditional. Sweet corn is also used widely in Asian cooking, with chicken and sweet corn soup being a Chinese staple soup. Sweet corn can be used in such a wide variety of dishes, we feel that it has a place in hummus for an interesting and surprising variation. So why not add some sweet corn to your basic hummus recipe? Follow this easy to prepare sweet corn hummus recipe for your next party.
You will need the following items: food processor, plate or bowl, spatula or spoon, and all the ingredients.
3 cups sweet corn on the cob
8 gloves garlic
1 can chickpeas
½ cup extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper
- Peel the garlic cloves and chop finely.
- Rinse and drain the chickpeas.
- Peel of corn husk and remove hairs. Remove corn from the cob, scrape off all the pulp.
- Combine all the ingredients in a food processor except the lemon juice and olive oil.
- While mixing, slowly add olive oil and squeeze lemon juice.
- Pulse to mix well. Stop when the hummus reaches your desired consistency.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Transfer your hummus into a bowl or plate using spatula or spoon. Serve with mini pita and veggies.