Sweet Potato Hummus Recipe – For the Love of Hummus
Who doesn’t love sweet foods? Most of us love to eat something sweet at times and this hummus recipe perfectly satisfies that craving. Hummus is easy to make so people love to prepare it instead of buy it in store. Today’s recipe is something sweet, literally, because we’ll be adding sweet potato to our hummus mixture. So without further ado, let’s get started.
2 cans chickpeas, drained & rinsed, 1/4 cup liquid reserved
1 medium sweet potato
juice from one lemon
1/3 cup water
1 tsp paprika
1/2 – 1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 bulb roasted garlic
- Place the drained chickpea in a clean blender along with the 1/4 c liquid reserved, for 1 minute.
- Prick the entire sweet potato using fork and place it microwave oven at high temperature for 5 minutes.
- Slice the sweet potato in half. Get a spoon and scoop the insides then add to the blender.
- Pulse many times.
- Add the seasonings, roasted garlic and lemon juice.
- Turn the blender. Pulse while gradually adding water until the hummus meet your desired consistency.
It’s done! If you love tahini you can add ¼ cup to make it more creamier. Now serve your sweet potato hummus to your visitors with crackers. They will surely love you more for doing it.