Beetroot Hummus Recipe
Adding beetroot to your hummus recipe can give it an entirely different taste, not to mention it makes the colour of the hummus a vibrant pink! Awesome party food choice. Of all the hummus variations, this can be the most vibrant in terms of visual appeal.
This beetroot hummus recipe is an excellent choice for a dinner party or if guest are dropping by for a few drinks. It’s striking colour makes it immediately impressive and if you bring it to a party, you will get many compliments if you stick to this recipe.
- 1 can of chickpeas. Drain and rinse.
- 2 cloves fresh garlic or 2 teaspoons of store bought minced garlic.
- 2 Tablespoons of Tahini (Hulled. Available in the supermarket)
- A tin of beetroot, or fresh beetroot cooked
- The juice of 1 fresh lemon
- 2 or 3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste. I use freshly ground salt as it’s rustic taste suits this dip.
Place the rinsed chickpeas and the beetroot into the blender and process until combined. Add the lemon and garlic. Process a further minute. Add the tahini slowly, and process for another minute. Then add the salt and olive oil. Process this for another minute. If you like your beetroot hummus dip a bit thinner then add a tablespoon of water. Scrape the sides down every few minutes. Garnish with some green leaves, possibly mint.