Peanut Butter Hummus Recipe
Peanut Butter Hummus Recipe is a lovely variation on regular hummus. Peanut butter is a no go ingredient for some, but not for us! Adding it to hummus is a super fun way to make a hummus variation. It’s so creamy and thick that you can forget about using tahini with this recipe, instead use peanut butter as the main ingredient to make this delicious dip.
You might be thinking, why should make peanut butter hummus when I can buy a sandwich spread with the same flavor in store? Peanut butter alone is yummy but when combined with hummus its texture, smell and taste is way good.
I’m sure you’ll be making this dip over and over again after giving it a try today.
2 x 15-ounce cans chickpeas
1 garlic clove, peeled
3-5 tablespoons regular olive oil
1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
3 tablespoons lemon juice, or more as needed
1 teaspoons table salt, or to taste
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1/4 – 1/3 cup Greek yogurt
2 tablespoons peanuts, finely chopped, to serve
1 teaspoon smoked paprika, to serve
- Rinse the chickpeas and drain.
- Put the chickpeas, garlic clove and 3 tbsp of olive oil, lemon juice, peanut butter and cumin to the food processor and pulse it until it becomes fluffy.
- Put the ¼ cup of Greek yogurt and pulse again to mix.
- If the hummus is very thick according to your liking, add another 1-2 tablespoon of yogurt and same with oil.
- Season with lemon juice and salt to taste.
Your peanut butter hummus is now ready to serve. Add chopped peanuts and dash of paprika on top to give it the presentation it deserves. Get the mini pitas and breadsticks to enjoy this deliciously good dip.